At the Whole Beauty® Institute in Chicago and Winnetka, we are pleased to offer our patients a growing portfolio of facial fillers. Today we will talk about Vollure®, which was recently approved by the FDA for use in the United States. Vollure ® has been a favorite filler for many of our European colleagues for several years because it very nicely fills a niche in filler performance. It lies in the middle ground between a very robust filler like Voluma®, which is great for providing deep volume and lifting and thinner fillers like Volbella®, which is great for superficial lines around the lips.
This expanded range of filler options is great news for our patients. We think of fillers almost like an artist thinks of colors in her palate. Rather than using a single filler for all purposes, we use different fillers for different effects. Each filler has a specific niche where it is “best in class.” Very often we use two or even three fillers in a treatment session since this provides a maximum benefit.
A Team of Leaders in Facial Volume Enhancement
Our patients benefit from the depth of knowledge and experience in our clinical team.
Dr. John Q. Cook is a leader in facial volume enhancement. He has over 20 years of experience in using a patient’s own fat to restore volume in the face, a process known as Fat Transfer. The techniques he developed to treat different regions of the face with fat can be translated to different fillers. The knowledge he developed in facial volume enhancement informs the entire Whole Beauty® team.
Two of our team members have been selected by Allergan and Galderma, the two leading companies for facial filler products in the United States, to train doctors and other clinicians in filler injection techniques.
Beth Harris, RN, BSN, CANS is one of the few nurses selected by Allergan, the manufacturer of Voluma, Juvederm, Volbella, Vollure, and a variety of other products, to train physicians and other clinicians in the nuances of injection techniques with these fillers.
Brittony Croasdell, FNP-BC is part of the elite Galderma Aesthetic Injector Network, which trains MD’s and other in the use of products in the Restylane family, including the new products Refyne and Defyne.
Layla Shadman PA-C, like Beth and Brittony, is highly skilled in the techniques of filler and relaxants and shares Dr. Cook’s passion for naturalistic technique.
Where Vollure® fits in the Whole Beauty® Portfolio
We have found that Vollure® is particularly suited to the expressive zones around the mouth since it is very soft and hard to detect. It fits in well for patients who need a softening of expression lines but who don’t need a large amount of volume or lift.
Here is an example of one of our patients who benefitted from Vollure® in the nasolabial fold and marionette areas:
Ten Things to Know about Vollure®
1. The Whole Beauty® Institute is one of the first practices in the country to offer Allergan’s newest HA dermal filler, Juvederm Vollure XC.
2. Vollure is the first FDA approved HA filler manufactured by Allergan for moderate to severe wrinkles and folds that lasts up to 18 months, about 50% longer than many other fillers.
3. Vollure has the same Vycross technology as Juvederm Voluma XC, which is used for cheek augmentation and Juvederm Volbella XC for lips and lip lines. The Vycross technology generally produces less swelling and greater longevity.
4. XC stands for “extra comfort” and less painful injections due to the presence of a local anesthetic in the product.
5. Vollure is great in lip augmentation and in the marionette lines that turn down the corner of the mouth. Here is an example of one of our patients with a very natural Vollure lip enhancement:
6. Vollure was approved in Europe in 2013, so there is considerable experience with this product prior to its introduction in the United States.
7. Vollure is indicated for the nasolabial folds, the lines that run from the corner of the nose to the corner of the mouth.
8. Patients often remark on how smooth the results are with this filler. For lack of a better term, it is “squishier” than many other fillers.
9. Vollure has been approved in 80 countries outside the US, so there is a world-wide experience.
10. Great results with Vollure depend on more than the product itself. As with other fillers, 20% of the result comes from the product and 80% of the result comes from the skill of the person who injects it.Contact The Whole Beauty® Institute
If you would like to learn about Vollure® and the wide range of products and options to restore facial volume contact us at 312-751-2112 to make an appointment with a team member at our Chicago and Winnetka office.